This Privacy Statement applies to information we (Link6 and RWB) collect about individuals who interact with our organisation through this website. It explains what personal information we collect from website users and how we use it. Our website address is www.link6andrwb.org.uk and our contact email address is email@example.com.
Personal Data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis - under current data protection legislation - on which this data is collected:
|Data (Key Elements)
|Enquiring about our organisation and its work, or making a volunteer enquiry
|Name, email address, telephone number and message.
|Legitimate interests - it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
|Registration as a website user through our Volunteer Portal (for registered volunteers only).
|Name, email address, policies downloaded
|Consent - you have given your active consent.
|Legitimate interests - it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect from the website
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- administrate your access to our Volunteer Portal
- track download information for policies on our Volunteer Portal for audit/governance reasons
When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time.
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
Cookies and usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, or counting the number of people looking at a website.
Where cookies are used to collect personal data, we list these purposes in section 1 above, along with other personal data that we collect.